Your Users Page button is located in the left hand panel of your Home page or Boards page.
Icons and Tags Explained
As an internal or external user, your Collaborators page will show you all your contacts, including your team and other users that you have worked with.
All of your contacts will be listed with:
- User name
- Description: You can add a short description of yourself via the Profile Settings tab.
- The account type: All professional users will have a blue 'Pro' tag underneath their name. All basic users will have a grey 'Basic' tag underneath their names.
- Company name
- Role: All Pro users will be categorized as an administrator, internal user, or external user. All users that are not a part of your team will be listed as a personal contact.
- Activation status: If the user has a blue envelope next to their name, this means that they have activated their email address and are able to receive notifications via email. If the user has a grey envelope next to their name, they have not activated their email and will not be able to receive any notifications via email.
What is an Internal and External User?
Internal users are members of your team that are within your company. They will be able to see administrators, other internal users, and external users. They do not have the same rights as an administrator.
External users are members of your team that are external to your company, such as: clients, suppliers, or partners. External users will only be able to see internal users in their contact list. They will not be able to see other external users. This means that if you are working with multiple clients, you can have them all on your team and they will not be able to see each other.
Note: An internal or external user is a role that is only available for Professional accounts.
My Team Tab
When clicking on the Users page, it will automatically open up to the ‘My team’ page. On this page, you will see all users that are currently on your team and the roles they have. Your team members can have 3 different roles:
- Administrator: The administrator can make changes to the account for the team. They can also invite and remove users from the team. They can see administrators, internal users, and external users in their contacts.
- Internal user: The internal user will be able to see administrators, external users, and other internal users in their contacts.
- External user: The external user will be able to see administrators, and internal users, but will not see other external users.
You can view all administrators, internal users, or external users individually by clicking on each tab.
Open Invitations Tab
All invitations sent out but not yet confirmed will be located in this tab. You can resend an invitation if need be or cancel the invitation all together.
Other Users Tab
All users that you have worked with but are not a part of your team will also be listed in this tab. These users are listed as personal contacts in which you have either shared a board with or @mentioned them in a board. These users are not a part of your team.
In this tab, you are able to remove 'Personal contact' users. You have to contact the administrator of your team to remove a team member.
Invite Collaborators Link
If you would like to invite users to your team, internally or externally, click on the Invite users button in the top right corner of the Users page or Home page. Once the dialog box is open, you will have 2 choices on how to invite someone:
- Invite team members (internal)
- Invite external members (clients, customers, etc…)
Once you have chosen the correct role, enter an email address and click on the Send invitation(s) button.
Please note, a request for adding an internal or external team member will first be sent to the administrator of your team. Once the administrator approves it, then the invitation will automatically be sent.
Removing a User
To remove someone from your team, click on the Remove icon (X) located on the far right of the user's name. You will have to click on the icon twice to confirm that you would like to remove the user from your team.
You are not permitted to remove someone from your team. The administrator of your team will have to remove them.