- SSO improvements: Extended set of SSO Login Profile Data Update:
- Limit of 30 characters on the Username field (registration page)
- Limit of 30 characters on the Team name field(registration page & team settings)
- Hyperlinks fix for iOS - open an object link in a new tab
- Fix on the UI of the Student Registration Page
2022-06-27 SSO 4 & Mobile Bug Fixes
Improvements on SSO:
- JIT join is no longer possible when the limit of number of seats is reached
- Users of a subdomain can now login on Public and get forwarded to their subdomain. The other way around when a Public user tries to log in on a subdomain, an error is shown.
- Free users/Single Team Members can now join SSO and Hybrid SSO Teams with and without JIT (Just In Time)
- Extended set of SSO Login Profile Data Update. So far it was only working for email address and displayname. We have added:
- Short description (cb-user-description)
- Contact info (cb-contactinfo)
Improvements on Mobile Bug Fixes:
- Device Mode, Text Cursor, Options button for comments, Hyperlinks work as expected
- Board Settings: Change Owner modal is fixed and working as expected
- Account Page: Show the number of user seats for Premium and Business Accounts with Fixed Payment plan (visible only to admins)
Bug Fixes & Improvements since 2022-03-15
- Fix for Comment Selection/Sizing bugs
- Slow zoom fix on boards (Even on boards with a lot of objects)
Added "Remember me" function for SSO login
"Remember me" is now valid for 30 days
Error message for invitations over seat limit (only relevant for customers with fixed seat number)
Password Manager/Autocomplete login process improvements
2022-03-15 SAML Single Sign On (Business & Enterprise plans)
Conceptboard’s Team SSO functionality consists of the underlying SSO Login and Provisioning functions and the two additional options JIT User Provisioning and Hybrid SSO.
Please contact your dedicated customer success manager or our CS Team for support and more information.
2021-10-19 New voting
With our new voting feature, we’re introducing an additional entry in our Insert sidebar.
Next to Sections, Templates, Icons, etc. you will now find Widgets when you click on the '+' icon in the toolbar.
A voting area can have votable objects. It is also possible to use existing objects to create a voting widget.
Ongoing voting session from left to right: editors view, reviewers view, readers view. Note, the three-dot menu is not available for the reviewer. The reader can only see the status. The ability to vote is disabled for the reader.
There are several other ways of conducting a voting session too, for more info read here.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Bug fix: The participants display in the upper right didn’t show the options to change the access role, find in board, make moderator, etc. under certain circumstances.
- Bug fix: User cursor was still displayed after the user left the board under certain circumstances.
- Bug fix: Dropdowns in the sidebar were not usable on mobile.
- Bug fix: Cropped images now align correctly with other objects on the board.
- Bug fix: Fixed rare issue with broken contact list. Additionally, identified the cause that broke the contact list, and fixed it.
- Bug fix: Added German translations in Add link dialog.
- Improvement: Modified the image scale dialog for unified design patterns.
- Improvement: UI fix: Readers & Reviewers were able to open the dropdown for access roles on a board within the share dialog, but not make changes. We improved it, so it doesn’t show as dropdown any longer.
- Improvement: Guest access privacy wording change.
- Performance improvement on big boards.
2021-03-17 New timer and item links
Try our new timer feature available on all premium and business accounts today! Perfect for keeping time in your brainstorming sessions and workshops. The timer works exactly like moderation, meaning only Editors can start/pause/start the timer. Learn more about the release on the blog.
Additionally If you want to create navigation links within the board, simply select an object, select “Add link” and paste a link in the dialog to create a nice short link icon:
2021-01-25 Performance updates
We've identified and improved several potential bottlenecks for importing issues.
Bug fixes/smaller UI improvements
- Bug fix: Email addresses I invited to the board several times now show only one entry instead of two (for same email address)
- Bug fix: Hide boards overview archive option from more menu UI if board set to board owner only and user is not owner
- Bug fix: Leave board option should be greyed out in share dialog participant dropdown when participant is project participant and board is inside project
- Bug fix: Student registration code now visible again on team settings page
- Bug fix: When I selected a user in the share dialog invite, it was not correctly deselected
2020-12-11 New GDPR team settings
If your company has strict GDPR regulations in place that completely prohibit the use of any 3rd party integration that resides outside the EU, a team Administrator can toggle off certain integrations within Conceptboard for the entire team from the team settings page. Learn more on our blog.
2020-12-11 New share dialog
The new Share dialog is here! Search participants, quickly change roles with multi-select, and many more updates. The default access mode for a new board is now ‘specific users”, for all users, free and paid accounts. Learn more about all the changes over on the blog!
Bug fixes/smaller UI improvements
- Performance improvements for working with items quickly on the board. For larger boards moving items quickly around would sometimes appear to revert the item to a previous position. Performance updates were done to help improve the feel for older devices/slower internet connections.
- Bug fix: complex links with special symbols such &,? now work again on the board.
- Bug fix: board access role could not be changed when the board was inside a project with a different access setting at the project level.
- Bug fix: start section icon was not visible when a section was set
- Bug fix: very long comments were not rendered always correctly when zoomed in past 100% view.
- Bug fix: in-board search temporarily showed mentions and named board links as broken when searching content.
2020-10-29 New Microsoft Teams integration
This integration allows MS Teams users to embed Conceptboard boards (new or existing) as Tabs inside your channels, centralizing communication & collaboration within one virtual workspace. Find out more on the blog.
2020-10-08 New shortcuts dialog
Bug fixes/smaller UI improvements
- Improvement: In board search now highlights the text inside the item on the board as well to let you quickly find it in a large block of text.
- Minor performance improvements to the way the Scribble tool creates lines on the board surface.
- Board email alerts would sometimes be triggered after a comment was deleted on the board. Deleted comments no longer send any alerts.
- Login/password reset/private app pages could not scroll on very small devices.
- Firefox boards overview list view opened two tabs instead of one when opening a board.
- Saving a new team name was not possible for teams that had an empty corporate colors option.
- Board embeds like Soundcloud, Vimeo, Youtube now correctly show on the board again.
- Language locale bug. Some users were not able to activate their accounts correctly when they had a language locale on their browser/system that included a dash (ex: en_HANT-TW).
- iPad: Fix triple click required to enter text mode.
- iPad: Fix board space resizing when keyboard pops up.
- iPad: Align with new pointer event for iPad (with latest iOS 14), to fix Apple pen not saving every stroke on the board surface.
2020-09-01 Performance and bug fixes
Bug Fixes/smaller UI improvements
- Privacy link for guests did not correctly link to our privacy page
- Profile picture now updates within 30 min in the app when you change it
- Fix paused account overlay not showing login option
Fix for archived projects when reloading into them through the browser
2020-07-29 New board access requests and boards overview
We’ve also given our boards overview a clean refresh! Clean UI, faster loading, and beautiful tiles with easy access to all the board options from the more menu, or by right clicking directly on the board tile. Find out more.
With this release we've also introduced the new board access requests, used in combination with boards set to the access setting specific users.
- Updated our iframe policy (only boards are allowed to be embedded in an iframe).
- Spruced up our login pages
- Created a nicer mobile experience for the boards overview
Bug Fixes/smaller UI improvements
- Removed a bug where empty projects could not be deleted
2020-05-27 Export and image performance update
We care about your experience with Conceptboard and thank you for your patience while we've been working hard behind the scenes. We've just released a major update to improve image loading and section exports from your boards.
- Initial loading of images when you enter a board is much faster, especially on image heavy boards.
- Exporting multiple sections as PDF is significantly sped up even for 10+ sections at a time.
- Improvements to ensure that image components of the PDF exports are no longer randomly blurry.
Bug Fixes/smaller UI improvements
- SVG files are correctly shown on the board again instead of just being added to the board attachments.
- Some JPG color profiles were not accurate when importing on the board.
- We've removed the loading bubble for images to keep image heavy boards cleaner. Images are now a grey square until they load.
2020-05-05 Instant board search
Search all of your board titles and project titles via the instant search dropdown available in the boards overview and the home page in Conceptboard. Up to 5 of your latest boards are quickly displayed so you can jump into the board you need.
If you need to search all the content in your boards click the option to “Search board content to find more results” and your boards overview will show you all the boards that match your search.
Board owners and editors can start, assign, and stop another user's moderation session from their active user icon in the upper right hand corner of the board.
2020-04-29 Performance updates
- Performance update: we've identified and improved several potential bottlenecks for importing issues.
- Performance update: Moderation and live cursors performance improvement for when many users are on the board at the same time.
Bug Fixes/smaller UI improvements
- Middle mouse button can now be used to pan around the board.
- Hamburger menu works shows the sidebar correctly on the boards overview on mobile view.
- Fixed a bug for some users when deleting their account would get an error page even though deletion was successful.
2020-04-08 Audio/video conferencing update
We did a major update for our audio/video conferencing integration to better handle the large number of users in Conceptboard that are taking advantage of the conferencing feature. For more information please see our audio/video conferencing guide.
New features in the audio/video conferencing:
- Only owner/editors on the board may start a conference on a board.
- Students on educational accounts can not start a conference, even on their own board.
- The board owner/editors (if allowed) can now kick someone out of the conference call.
New for free accounts: guests on free boards can now be reviewers or readers.
2020-03-26 Icon library and alignment grid
We've added an entire beautiful library of over 8600 colorful and crisp SVG icons that users can drag into their boards and use in whatever way they would like! The icons are split into 4 different styles (Solid, Line, Color, and Flat) as well as 18 different category packages.
Solid and Line icons are color customizable. Users can also add helpful caption text to icons by double clicking on the icon or pressing enter while the item is selected (like other text items in the board).
A new dynamic board grid background will help users achieve pixel perfection alignment. Users can turn off the grid from the board view menu. Snapping can be turned off by holding down Shift while moving an item. The following grid lines show up based on the perfect zoom:
- ~15% - 90% Thick lines every 100px
- 90% - 400% Thick lines every 100px. Medium lines every 20px.
- 400% - 800% Thick lines every 100px. Medium every 20px. Fine lines every 1px.
Zooming in and out of the board, as well as moving between sections and items in the board was sped up significantly and streamlined. Previously users would be zoomed out while navigating to a new section of the board, this has been removed to make the navigation much faster.
Offline mode improvement
When the connection is completely lost (user must reload board), the user cursors and active users from any previous live session are removed.
Automatic device mode detection option
For users with a magic mouse or that prefer to have a set "mouse, trackpad, or tablet" mode across all of their boards, they can now turn off the automatic trackpad detection from the minimap.
Bug Fixes/smaller UI improvements
- Alignment of cropped images now correctly uses the cropped image not the original image boundaries.
- Fine tuned the way we show white colored shapes in main toolbar/floating toolbar.
2020-03-19 Scheduled maintenance
- Performance update: we've identified and improved several potential bottlenecks for overall app performance. We're expecting an increase of users working from home in the next few weeks and want to make sure we keep the user experience running smoothly.
Performance update: Updates for the boards overview to help improve loading.
- Free account upgrade: basic boards now have 100 free objects instead of 50.
- You can clear the board chat again via the trash icon.
- When dragging a selection rubberband around multiple items on the very edge of the current window, sometimes item just outside the current view would also be selected. This has now been fixed.
2020-02-04 New offline mode
When network issues appear, the board content is still visible as read-only for users while the board is trying to reconnect.
Connectivity and performance updates
- Connections should be more stable for those with poor internet connections and spotty wifi.
- Working, panning, and drawing while at 100% zoom in a large board is now much faster.
- We've done a major restructuring of how and when objects on the board are displayed to greatly improve performance on large boards. This will particularly be felt on very large boards with lots of objects.
Automatic trackpad detection
The board now automatically switches you to trackpad mode after the first pinch gestures on the trackpad. You can still manually change your mode from the minimap area.
Tablet mode minor improvement
Scrollbars were removed from the touch device mode on the board to improve the writing experience on some older tablets and to help with hand/palm recognition on some older devices.
- Mac (Chrome/Safari) pinch gestures would sometimes zoom into the browser zoom instead of the board.
- Board background color names were missing in German menu.
- App tooltips all switched over to a new standard cleaner style.
2019-12-10 New +Sidebar
The current insert, templates, and embed video/audio dialogs are now centralized in the new sidebar. Building blocks and sections now have their own submenu. You can double click or drag and drop to insert content from the new sidebar.
Bugs and minor improvements
- View menu updated and reorganized
- Navigating between sections, content now always correctly fits visible board area.
2019-11-20 Board updates shortcut
Need a way to quickly update everyone on the board? The new @All participants in the top menu lets you post a board update in seconds. Board updates get saved as a version in the board history too. You can access the board workflow via the button in the shortcut.
2019-11-05 Moderation and conferencing
- Moderation update:
- Editors can choose to leave a moderation session
- Editors can make someone else a moderator from their user icon in the board
- Conferencing update:
- Calls are no longer automatically started for all board participants, you can choose to join a call
- Quick user access update
- New shortcut for changing a user's role in the board from their user icon
- New shortcut for changing the board owner from their user icon
2019-10-01 New connectors
- Extension of the line / arrow functionality:
- Lines can be used to connect items such as shapes, sticky notes, or comments
- On selection of the line / arrow tools, each of these items will show 4 attachment points. Comments have two attachment points only.
- Hovering over an attachment point makes it active and can create a connection.
2019-08-08 Search all team
- New search all team members (from “My team” list) feature on @mentions and Board or Project invites.
2019-07-16 Board updates
- New format brush Infinite mode: it allows users to transfer an item property several times by double-clicking on the tool.
- New personal colors palette feature - color picker: easily add a new custom color
- New touch device mode: optimizes the usage of the board tools on tablets. Adding sticky notes in the board will trigger the default selection of the Pen tool allowing users to easily scribble on top of any stickies.
- Auto-group of elements on sticky notes: scribbling or highlighting on top of the Sticky note will trigger the auto-grouping of these elements enabling users to easily drag stickies around the board.
- UI update for board background color menu.
2019-06-18 New board ui and presets
General board UI redesign
- Presets: There are now custom presets for the properties of the following tools: Pen, Highlighter, lines (including arrows), shapes, text box and sticky notes
- New colors: There are now new colors palletes available:
- Basic, light, grayscale
- Basic, light, grayscale
- Three custom palletes:
- Board Colors: All the recently used colors on the board
- Corporate Colors (Pro only) colors can be set by a a team administrator in team settings
- Personal Colors
- Avatar appearance update
- Share dialog UI update: The access settings of the board are displayed at any time by the corresponding icon.
- Format brush: The new tool allows users to copy styles from one object to the other.
2019-04-09 Template library
New Conceptboard template library
- Possibility to choose a template out of different categories
- Dialog at opening a new board to create a new board with a template
- Possibility to insert templates in existing boards
- Possibility to change ownership of boards and projects
- Updated Board Settings- and Project Settings dialog
- New Option to copy boards with or without history and attachments
New project rules:
- only users being part of a project can move boards into that project.
- only those projects, in which your are a member, are shown in the sidebar
2019-02-28 Image cropping
- Single Selection of Items in a group via Double Click
- UI update for a group's floating toolbar
- New feature: image cropping
- Item duplicate via "Ctrl / Cmd + D"
- Item duplicate via "ALT + drag"
2019-01-22 Import/export updates
- Selection fix on rotated/clipped items
- Small UI fixes: arrow align and @mention dropdown
- Improvements on board export image quality
- Improvements on parallel data imports
- Quality improvements on board exports
- Various small UI and design fixes
2018-12-06 New shapes and board tools updates
- Shapes: Conceptboard’s shape library is extended by 14 new Shape elements. The default look of Shapes has been changed to a more neutral look - black outline, black text color, no fill. Shapes contain an optional text and a variety of styles (color, transparency, border). Shapes replace the previously used text and headline items (the Headline tool has been removed from the toolbar).
Text boxes: Text boxes are rectangle shapes without a border and with no fill. We removed all the old text boxes in order to make them adjustable individually.
Rotation: shapes, freelines, lines, sticky notes and images can be freely rotated. With the new rotation handle directly on the item, the rotation menu entry has been removed from the floating toolbar.
Pinning: All elements can be pinned. Pinned elements cannot be changed (no move, no rotate, no changes of attributes or texts, etc.) and less easy to select by accident. Only Section elements are created pinned. Any other element is created unpinned by default.
Sticky notes: The design of the sticky notes elements was updated. Sticky Notes behave like any other element now and can therefore be pushed in the fore-and background, rotated and scaled.
Comment box: The design of the comment box was updated. A user's existing boxes on their boards might be displayed a little bit bigger (height) with this release, but also their overall look and feel will have improved. In addition, comments can now be deleted by the author without entering the text edit mode.
Pen & highlighter: always accessible directly via the toolbar (no sub menu needed). The highlighter now works more like the pen tool, creating a freehand line, but in a translucent color. When holding shift while drawing, a straight line is created.
Lines & arrows: line and arrow tools can be found in the Shape library.
Element attributes: text in shape elements and sticky notes now have an option for vertical text alignment. Shapes can have an opaque, translucent or transparent background, and a solid, dashed and dotted border of different widths or no border. Lines and arrow elements can be toggled between opaque and translucent (highlighter) style.
Element order: all elements can be arranged in a fore-and background order, with two exceptions:
Comment elements are always on top.
Text is always on top.
Element creation: shape and sticky notes elements can be created by dragging or by click, the latter resulting in an element with default sizes. Press shift while drawing a shape, creates a 1:1 aspect ratio. Hold Shift while scaling keeps the aspect ratio of the Shape. When selecting multiple elements, it is now possible to change common attributes for those elements.
Element empty states: The hint to “double click to enter text” on empty elements was removed.
Floating toolbar: When a shape is selected, a floating toolbar is shown above the element to change the attributes and the look accordingly.
Text editing: Text edit mode can be entered via double click, via the “edit” menu in Comment elements, or the text options button for sticky notes and shapes elements. Hitting enter will activate text edit mode for any selected shape, as well. The “edit” link was removed from all elements.
Sections & outline: sections are named automatically based on an element's text. The Section’s name is updated on the element’s text changes, as long as the Section was not renamed manually. The Outline icon was updated.
Board background design: new boards are created with a slightly lighter background. All boards have a more precise background grid that changes based on the zoom level.
Element selection design: The look of the bounding box, the resize grabbers, and move handle have been updated.
Minimap: The design of the elements in the Minimap was changed from outline to semi-transparent boxes, bringing in more clarity and better indicator for item density (darker areas). The possibility to “drag around” the user’s frame within the Minimap was removed, navigation via the Minimap still works via click, or by using the zoom bar.
Slice tool removed: The slice tool has been removed from the toolbar, as it was incompatible with the rotation. It is now only possible to slice/crop a selected image via resize handler.
Automated zooming: Automated zooming is limited to very few cases, leaving as much navigational control as possible on user side. The remaining cases are necessary zooms when entering text editing when working with items.
Minimum font size fix: On Chrome browsers that were using a Minimum Font Size Setting (in many browser with CJK locale), the position and relation between objects on the board could be off, especially on large boards when zoomed out a lot. This is fixed.
Tablet & Touch devices: Several updates were done to improve usability on tablets and touch devices (text cursor handling etc.)
Mobile view: The board’s mobile view was updated to work with the new functions.
Images on the board: The HTML title attribute that was showing when hovering with the mouse cursor over images on boards was removed.
Embeds on the board: The display of embedded elements (YouTube videos etc.) has been updated to now show a permanent “drag handler” when the Select tool is active.
Board resizes: The behavior on browser window resizing was updated, so that the board’s content keeps its position, leading to a minimum of visual distraction when altering the client window.
Toolbar: The toolbar has been updated, so that dropdowns are closed on a second click.
Automatic element migration: All “old” elements (text elements, post its, images, etc.) on all boards will follow the above behavior automatically without that a user needs to manually update them. Also, all “old” boards will look and feel like they did before this release. Minor glitches might occur in rare cases that will automatically be fixed, once an authorized Editor or Reviewer changes an element the first time after the release.