Team members can have 3 different roles: Administrator, Internal, and External. These are different from the access roles you can set at the project and board level.
What is an Administrator?
- Add/delete users from the team
- Customize the team's look
- Change users' team role
- Add/update billing information and change plan settings
- Make other users in the team administrators
What is an Internal User?
Internal users can see and interact with all team members. They do not have the same rights as an administrator:
- They cannot delete a user from the team
- They need the Administrator's permission to invite a user on the team (unless the Admin has turned this option on)
What is an External User?
External users are members of your team that are external to your company, such as; clients, suppliers, or partners.
External users can only see the person that has invited them to the team, and any subsequent users they work with on boards/projects. This means that if you are working with multiple clients, you can have them all on your team and they will not be able to see each other.
Invite Users to your Team
The option to invite to your team should be used only for those users that you wish to pay for and be part of your team. Inviting users to your team is associated with the per user cost set with your license type.
Once an invitation has been sent out, you will see it under the 'Open invitations' tab and it will count towards the number of users on your team.
When the user is already listed in your contacts
- Click on the Users page and then choose the Other users tab.
- Click on the Invite to my team link next to the user’s role.
- You will then have a choice to make this person an administrator, an internal user, or an external user.
- Once you have selected the user role, click on the invite button. An email will be sent automatically to that person asking them to join the team. They will then need to accept the invitation before being placed in your team.
Note: An administrator can always change the role of a specific user after the invitation has been sent out.
Adding a user to your team who is not the Other users tab
Once the dialog box is open, you can invite a person as:
- An internal team member
- An external member (clients, customers, etc…)
- Through Salesforce (this option is only for administrators)
- You can change the role of a user to Administrator, etc. after inviting them
Once you have chosen the role, enter an email address and click on Send invitation(s). You can enter multiple emails with a comma separating each address. A role can always be modified via the Users page once an invitation has been sent out, under Open invitations.
Open invitations count towards the number of users in your team.
An email will be sent automatically to that person asking them to join the team. They will then need to accept the invitation and create an account, if need be, to be placed in your team.
Note: You can see the message in the invitation by hovering over the information symbol.
As an internal or external user, a request for adding a team member will first be sent to the administrator of your team. The administrator will need to approve the request in their Users page, and once approved the invitation will be sent.
Still having trouble inviting a user to your team? Click here for an FAQ or contact our support team.
Changing the Role for a User in your Team
As an administrator, you can change the role of any user that is in your team in the Users page. To the right of the user's name, click on the drop down and choose which role you would like them changed to. You can change the role of a user as many times as you would like.
Removing User from Team
To remove someone from your team, click on the Remove icon (X) located on the far right of the user's name. You will then have the the option to delete the user or downgrade them. You will be asked to input your password to confirm the decision. Please note, administrators are the only ones that can remove a user from the team.