Basics: Conceptboard Team-License
This guide is for future administrators that want to understand step by step how to create, setup, pay and organize their Conceptboard team and license.
It is mainly tailored towards admins in our premium/business licenses in our Public SaaS. The Enterprise onboarding process may differ in certain aspects, please contact your account manager directly.
Conceptboard is a team-based application, which means each user has their own account but they all work under one roof - the "team", meaning the company or institution.
Any organization or company ideally has only one main "team". It is possible to divide the team into subgroups, e.g. based on different departments by using projects (Step 4: Organize Your Team) - this way, everyone has their own separate space to work within.
Furthermore, Conceptboard is based on a named-seat licensing model, which means you purchase a certain number of seats in your team, which are allocated internally at will. If a user no longer needs their license, they can be removed from the team and the vacated seat can be assigned to another user.
Every user within the team has the possibility to create boards outside of the projects, but these are always private by default. No one can view these boards unless they are given access by the creator (board owner). Even the team admin cannot view them.
Hint: Team Administration is done on the customer's end. Conceptboard employees do not have access to the customer's content/boards or the license management to invite or remove users from the team (Step 3: License Management).
Step 1: Account Creation & Upgrade To Pro-License
For more detailed information, please read:
1. Go to our website and register the admin account.
2. On your free account, click on the "Upgrade"-button located on the upper part of your overview page to establish a team license and start a 30-day trial phase. Professional licenses are at first "premium licenses".
3. You can put in the additional team member's email directly in the dialog that opens. Alternatively, you can wait until after to add them leave the other fields blank for now.
The team can later be administered by a different person or multiple admins.
An Admin can make other members as team Administrator. We recommend at least two Admins for a team which one should be available in case of vacation or an emergency.
However, keep in mind to try reducing amount of Admins to a minimum. Multiple Admins means multiple persons-in-charge of the team and thus, having same rights as you.
Step 2: Procurement & Payment
Business & Enterprise Licenses
For both license types, please establish contact with out sales team for individualized offers.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The payment process is handled through the plan & payment tab in your profile.
Generally, our invoices are created and paid automatically. Currently, we only offer payment via credit card.
Changes to the payment information and payment methods usually apply to the next billing period. This means that until then you can change the payment information and choose the payment methods freely.
To do this, please go to "plan & payment" in your profile settings.
When selecting the payment method, an amount of 0 euros is displayed by default, as no direct payment is made. In the next window, you will be asked to confirm the amount and the selected billing method for the next period via Adyen.
- Flexible billing takes place at the end of the current billing period and only the maximum amount of users are billed (f.ex. each month). This means that it is best to invite users at the beginning of a new billing period.
- With fixed billing, a user limit is set in advance, and the invoice is created and billed within the first 3 days of the next billing period.
- You can view invoices as soon as they have been created in the "invoice tab" in your profile.
- If needed, you can enter additional information that should appear on the invoice (e.g. company name). Once you have done this, the next invoice will be issued accordingly. In addition, you can enter an email address that receives the invoices.
For further information, feel free to check out our Billing FAQ's.
Step 3: License Management
Invite users to the team
You can invite up to 200 users a day to your team. It is only necessary to have a list of their email, f.ex. as .CSV (comma separated values) that can be added in the "User" overview.
It does not matter if the users you want to invite have a Conceptboard account or not:
- If they don't, they are asked to create an account.
- If they already have a free account they can join the team and their license automatically upgrades to the team's professional license.
- If they are already in a different professional team, they have to downgrade their account prior.
- E-Mails can be changed at any time in the profile settings.
Hint: If you have problems to invite members to your team, check out our team invitation troubleshooting article.
Step 4: Organize Your Team
Identify groups or tasks within the company & create projects
The users in the team can be divided internally into subgroups by projects. There are two main approaches that we suggest:
You can create separate projects for all departments and invite the corresponding users to them - then everyone has their own separate area to work in. The name of these projects could then be f.ex. HR Department, Sales Department etc.
Different access options and access roles can be set up for each user per board. Alternatively, create project folders and invite each head of the department as editor who then can invite the corresponding colleagues. If you as an admin don't want, need or should have access you could either leave the project folder afterwards or leave the creation of that folder up to the individual groups within the company.
You can also create project folders based on tasks or your ongoing work. For example create a project folder for each client that you are working on/with, per product that you sell - it is really up to you and the use case in your company!
At first it might be useful to create one project folder that ALL members of the team have access to. This might contain your own guidelines on how to use Conceptboard (for your team's users), how to structure the sub-teams/groups/departments or store company-specific boards as "templates" for anyone to duplicate and use.
Step 5: Customize Your Team
There are some considerations and customizations possible apply to the interface of all users within the team. For example you can:
- Change the team name (visible in email alerts, on board invitation pages)
- Change team invitations (changing who can add paid seats)
- Change the default board access role and access mode (for new team boards)
- Add a board help menu link (visible on all team boards under the Help menu)
- Change the header and button colors (pick a color or enter a hex code value)
- Add a company logo (visible to team users on logged in app pages)
- Add a welcome banner (visible to guests and users on board welcome pages)
- Turn off third party applications such as Zendesk, Aspose, or Web Conferencing for the whole team (if required for GDPR privacy requirements)
For more detailed information about all the possibilities, please read here.